Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hit or Miss

Who likes to go thrift store exploring? Let's see a raise of hands!

I love it. You never know when you'll find something wonderful. I don't go out of my way to go shopping. Those who know me know I HATE to go shopping. Yet if I find myself out and about doing chores and there happens to be a thrift store or yard sale right there, I'll pop in and see what treasures they might have.


I've been known to go treasure shopping at the dump, and of course the usual suspects - Goodwill, Salvation Army, thrift stores. Most of the time I don't find anything and walk away with nothing, which is fine. I don't need more stuff, oh goodness no.


But sometimes you hit it big, and that's exactly what I did yesterday! I needed to go to The Lovey's work, and there happens to be a Goodwill on his street, so in I went.


I found these bowls. Hand thrown ceramic mixing bowls, measuring 9 1/2', 11 1/2" and 14 1/2" at the top. The smallest bowl in the set was most likely broken so the rest just had to be disposed of. Silly people. 


These bowls were made by Greg Baker, a potter in Cherryville, BC, Canada. They were made in 1996. I love that they have lived a life before they got to us. Hopefully it was a happy home. They certainly will be loved here!



1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic find! I'm just like you regarding shopping. And I love to go treasure hunting as well.

    ReplyDelete