Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Oh My!

It's been awhile. Sorry. Let's get caught up, shall we?

We've had good dogs:
Rudy and Lola curled up and sleeping

We've had bad dogs:

Bad Cinnamon
We've had haircuts:

Missy and Maddie

Look at how fluffy Missy is!

Rudy with his new 'do

A bit of home cooking:


I made Membrillo with the quince. It is wonderful (if I do say so myself)! I was a bit hesitant because I had had Membrillo once and it was sort of nasty. I bought it at a high end store when The Lovey and I were dating. It was dark and brown. It was really sweet and that's about all. But I thought - why not. Can't be any worse than that. The result? Oh my oh my. Yummy!!! Dark pink like strawberry jam. The taste? Flowery, raspberry-ey, sweet but not too sweet. Especially when accompanied by Manchego cheese. The Lovey is not a fan so much. I blame that on his mid-western palette. But am I heartbroken? No WAY! All the more for me!

Fresh tomato and goat cheese tart

Homework:
This took AGES

Not quite done

Harvest:
Our backyard tree does it again

And your regular animal hijinx:
Hi Chickens!

Lola in the cat tree.



1 comment:

  1. The stained glass birds turned out so beautiful!! Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete