|New door to new room|
So since there was so much demo and reconstruction to do, we decided to design and create a garage area that was good for bad backs. So, we added a new room - small... but a room, nonetheless. We're calling it a mud room. Of course, we needed a new, wider door installed from the house to the room, and then from that room to the garage (two doors, total). We've added new insulation, so the garage shouldn't be 100+ degrees any more.
We've removed the human door and added a new, smaller garage door. That will be for the tractor, or the future mule purchase that we will will help us around the property in our later years.
|Door outside, new insulation and dry wall going up.|
I like to use a clothes line as our 'dryer', so we've added a side door to the newly located clothes line. A direct shot out the door - not too far to carry a laundry basket!
We've decided to relocate the hot water heater, washer and dryer. They were in a bad place. As the contractor was in the crawl space of the house, he found out that the dryer vent was put into the crawl space... years and years of lint from the dryer was in there. It looked like insulation, but no. It was lint. Such a fire hazard! Like I said, we're lucky the house didn't burn down.
|Danger, Danger Will Robinson!|