Thursday, April 16, 2015

2015, First Quarter

We're doing a little personal reflection today at Seven Cats Farm. 2015 has been, um, interesting thus far, to say the least.

Sally Sage

In January, we were in full healing mode with the Lovey's new knee. Lots of physical therapy appointments, doctor appointments, and weaning off heavy meds. I also pulled my back out at the end of this month and The Lovey took care of me for 10 days! Waited on me hand and foot and wouldn't let me leave the bed. I hate being so immobile, but he knew it was for the best. He was right.  During all this we had to put Sally, our 16 year old cat, to sleep. That was a hard one. She has been with me since 2000 and was a good teacher on how to be brave and to trust.
The Lovey and I at the February Wedding
February brought continued healing and therapy appointments for both The Lovey and I, a membership to the 'Y', a farm work day and I officiated a wedding.

The March Wedding
March was, yes - MORE therapy appointments for the Lovey and I, the beginning of egg delivery to customers, and a lot of hustle and bustle and frustration on a little side project that I am not ready to fully disclose yet. And I officiated yet another wedding!

Solomon (the black cat with stunning green eyes) and Zenny
April, to date, has included a very sick Zenny and Solomon (we think we have caught things in time for Zenny, Solomon has cancer, so it's just a matter of time for him),  the Good Old Days which was extremely successful - including really awesome times with both the older and younger parts of my family, The Lovey returned to work, and this:

Oops
Yesterday I had a little run in with a sliding glass door and spent some time in the ER. 11 stitches later and a bit of glue and tape and I am almost as good as new. 

It has been a hard four months. It's been a L-O-N-G four months. It's easy to focus on all things bad or hard. A lot of what The Lovey and I have been through has been literally life changing. Change of perspective, change of attitude, seeing each other at not even close to our best. 


But there has also been really good things. Being part of a wedding is really special. Acknowledging someone's love and commitment to each other is - well - just awesome. And the hard stuff that The Lovey and I have been through has really brought us closer. For those of you that know us, I didn't think that was possible. But we have grown closer; we respect and trust each other each other even more. It is truly wonderful.

But..... let's hope that the rest of the year gives us a bit of a break. We really have paid it forward enough. 

1 comment:

  1. SA and Lovey...
    Spring is here! A new beginning for both of you. Sorry about your kitties! It is so sad to lose them. Keep up your strong spirits.

    ReplyDelete