Monday, April 7, 2014

Somewhere, There Are Berries


Sometime in September 2012, I pulled my back out. I won't go into detail here, but just know that that injury was the final straw in deciding that row crops (growing vegetables in a row, you know - 'farm-style') was something I could no longer do. It's been a long adjustment in my brain to finally be comfortable with that statement.


From September 2012 until just recently, I did not go into the field or our orchard. There are other things we did and continue to do - chickens, eggs, re-defining and planning our next farming phase, but row crops? No more. I did do a tad of tree pruning in February, but that was about it. And even though we have had very little rain here over that time, we have had enough for the weeds and grasses to grow.


So now, I SLOWLY begin the arduous task of separating weeds from berry bushes and getting these poor things back to being loved and not neglected. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment